The robot-controlled picking of heterogeneous packages (customer orders) on pallets is much more complex than the palletizing of packages of the same dimension and thus places the highest demands on the control software. The MultiMix for Robots that has proven its worth in numerous practical applications calculates the minimum number of pallets needed for each individual picking order and splits the order into pallet-sized amounts that are then packed onto the pallet by the packing robot – and partly by hand too if necessary – so that the load units satisfy the stability requirements. Apart from pallets, MultiMix for Robots can also be used to load or fill other load carriers such as roller containers, pallet boxes or reusable containers. On account of the supporting walls, experience has shown that a very good utilization of the storage space can be achieved since the requirements in the stability of the load carrier are lower.
Multiscience also offers the opportunity of visualizing the picking of pallets and/or other load carriers on the basis of real order data in the planning phase of robot systems with MultiMix for Robots. This means that the performance and efficiency of alternative robot systems can be analysed.
MultiMix for Robots receives the information necessary for automatic picking from the Warehouse Management System.
MultiMix for Robots takes into account the characteristics of both the robot and gripper, e.g.
- from which sides can the robot access the picking pallets,
- whether the gripper is able to pick up and put down several packages alongside or on top of each other.
Further restrictions that can be taken into account by MultiMix for Robots include
- maximum loading height and maximum overall weight per load carrier,
- article-specific fragility and stackability,
- special customer-specific requirements on the stability of the load,
- specifications with respect to the separation or combination of articles of commodity groups,
- specifications with respect to the picking sequence.